Sunday, March 27, 2011

Closing Comments from the Trip Leaders

March 26, 2011

As the trip came to a closing, I had a mixture feeling of both the happiness and sadness. I felt happy for all the participants that had gained and learned a lot from this trip. On the other hand, I realized how much I will miss the group, the times we were together and the great things we did together throughout the week. Before the trip, it was hard to expect anything from the trip/participants because many of us were from the different parts of the campus, areas of interest and studies. Also, the volunteer work we were to commit for five days were never done before in the Alternative Spring Break trips. A lot of it were written down on a paper but was all up in the air and I knew that I had to “expect the unexpected” starting from the first day of the trip.

That being said, my personal experience with the group and the Bronx International High School was phenomenal and wonderful. It was great to see everyone come together to play and talk in one big circle every evening. It was incredible to see our group mash with the teachers, students and administrations while we were in school. I have to admit it was not easy being challenged by the students mentally but it was an experience that I couldn’t have asked for. Each and every moment was a learning experience for all of us on the trip (despite the location) and it was amazing to see all these experiences come into one circle at the end of the trip. The support and cooperation from everyone in the group was also extraordinary and I was able to see myself grow with the group.  I thank my lovely co-trip leader Jem for literally being funny and optimistic throughout the trip because I would have never been dragged down by anyone to witness Chris Brown playing basketball and explore the streets of “unmistaken” Marc Jacobs store if it wasn’t for her. I also thank Papa Tay for being there as our fearless Grandpa and reliable advisor. Your wonderful stories gave me desire to travel a lot more and explore this giant planet while I can.

I hope that our adventures and individual stories will not stop here. I am sure of it that we will carry this experience with us and build on them as we go on our own ways.

Thanks ASB-ers for a wonderful trip and TERPS MIGRATE!

~Jheesoo 

No comments:

Post a Comment